- Recurrent selection for transgene expression levels in maize results in proxy selection for a native gene with the same promoter. Bodnar AL, Schroder MH, Scott MP. PLoS One. Feb 2016.
- Genetic and biochemical differences in populations bred for extremes in maize grain methionine concentration. Newell MA, Vogel KE, Adams M, Aydin N, Bodnar AL, Ali M, Lauter AN, Scott MP. BMC Plant Biology. Feb 2014.
- Iron bioavailability of maize hemoglobin in a Caco-2 cell culture model. Bodnar AL, Proulx AK, Scott MP, Beavers A, Reddy MB. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Jul 2013.
- Novel approaches to improving qualities of maize endosperm (PhD thesis). Iowa State University. Jul 2011.
- Influence of ensiling time and inoculation on alteration of the starch-protein matrix in high moisture corn. Hoffman PC, Esser NM, Shaver RD, Coblentz WK, Scott MP, Bodnar AL, Schmidt RJ, Charley RC. Journal of Dairy Science. May 2011.
- Influence of inoculation and storage time on alteration of the starch-protein matrix in high moisture corn. Hoffman PC, Esser NM, Shaver RD, Coblentz WK, Scott MP, Bodnar AL, Schmidt RJ, Charley RC. Journal of Dairy Science. May 2011.
- Using mutations in corn breeding programs. Bodnar AL, Scott MP. The Handbook of Plant Mutation Screening. Ed. Meksem K, Kahl G. Wiley. Mar 2010.
- Wide variability in kernel composition, seed characteristics, and zein profiles among diverse maize inbreds, landraces, and teosinte. Flint-Garcia SA, Bodnar AL, Scott MP. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. Aug 2009.
- SciMoms Blog Blog Post Archive
- Biology Fortified Blog Post Archive
- We’re all wearing the same genes. The Lowdown on GMOs According to Science. Ed. Janabi F. Nov 2013.
- Risk assessment and mitigation of AquAdvantage salmon. Information Systems for Biotechnology. Oct 2010.
Interviews and Press
- Drahl, Carmen. Engineered cotton grows on alternative fertilizer. 11 Jun 2018.
- Episode 19: Anastasia Bodnar, GMOs, and Gendered Food Panic. Feminist Coffee Hour. Podcast. Sept 2017.
- GMOs: Now We’re Talking’ provided open discussion on hot topic. 30 Apr 2015. High Plains Journal.
- Cressey, Daniel. Transgenics: A new breed. 1 May 2013. Nature. 497,27-29. DOI:10.1038/497027a
- Weaver, Matthew. Biotech debate rages at grain convention. 16 Nov 2012. Capital Press.
- Montenegro, Maywa. Biotech Is Not a Product.19 Apr 2010. SEED.
- Kotok, Alan. Student-Veterans Come Marching Home: Their Return to Studies.6 June 2008. Science Careers. DOI: 10.1126/science.caredit.a0800082
- Bodnar AL, Haro von Mogel KJ. Science communication partnerships. Plant Biology. Jul 2015.
- Haro von Mogel KJ, Bodnar AL. Increasing accessibility to peer-reviewed research with the GENetic Engineering Risk Atlas (GENERA). Plant Biology. Jul 2015.
- Bodnar AL, Andorf CM, Lawrence CJ. Maize Research: Engaging an audience beyond the journals. 53rd Maize Genetics Conference. Mar 2011.
- Bodnar AL, Scott MP. Response of transgene and native gene expression to selection for transgene levels. First Global Conference on Biofortification. Nov 2010. 53rd Maize Genetics Conference. Mar 2011.
- Bodnar AL, Haro von Mogel KJ. Biofortified: An educational resource for plant genetics and genetic engineering. 52nd Maize Genetics Conference. Mar 2010. Biosafety Institute for Genetically Modified Agricultural Products, April 2010. First Global Conference on Biofortification. Nov 2010.
- Bodnar AL, Flint-Garcia SA, Scott MP. Characterizing alcohol soluble proteins in teosinte and tripsacum seeds. 7th Annual Norman Borlaug Lecture. Oct 2008. North Central Regional Corn Breeding Research (NCCC-167), Mar 2009. 51st Maize Genetics Conference. Mar 2009.
- Bodnar AL, Proulx AK, Scott MP, Reddy MB. Bioavailable iron in maize endosperm can be increased with over-expression of maize hemoglobin. 6th Annual Norman Borlaug Lecture. Oct 2007.